- Property type: Condominium
- Property Location: D12 Balestier / Toa Payoh
- City: Singapore
- Neighborhood: Toa Payoh
- T.O.P: December 2020
- Lot size: 130,825 sq ft ft²
- Tenure: 99 years Years
- No. Of Units: 578 residential units
- Developer: Evia Real Estate Pte Ltd , Maxdin Pte Ltd and Gamuda Berhad
- PSF ($): $1480 psf
Gem Residences - Reviews
Gem Residences is poised to be the next condominium under the real estate market spotlight. After a long wait of seven years, HDB finally released a private residential site in the matured Toa Payoh estate. Competitively bided by 14 hopeful developers, the new Toa Payoh condo attracted a top bid of S$345.86 million from Evia Real Estate and Malaysia’s Gamuda Bhd. This works out to be approximately $747 per square foot per plot ratio and a break even of $1250 psf factoring in construction and other miscellaneous costs. Property expert forecast the Gem Residences psf to be in the range of $1450psf to $1550 psf during launch.
Gem Residences developer Evia Real Estate Pte Ltd, Maxdin Pte Ltd and Gamuda Berhad (GEM Homes Pte Ltd) is set to build 2 towers of 578 residential units housed by 1 tower of 37 storey and another tower of 38 storey. Gem Residences condo will also have 578 parking lots and exciting communal facilities such as a 50m swimming pool, Gym, BBQ pit, 24 hours security and many others to serve residents. Tentatively, the expected unit mix that Gem Residences will offer 1 bedroom(455 – 484 sqft) / 2 bedroom(594 – 696 sqft) / 2 bedroom Dual-Key(778 sqft) / 3 bedroom(932 – 988 sqft) / 3 bedroom Tri-key(987 sqft) / 3 bedroom Premium(1027 sqft) / 4 bedroom(1238 sqft) / 5 bedroom(1297 sqft).
Gem Residences location is extraordinarily unique. The 99 year old leasehold development in district 12 is surrounded by a plethora of amenities and connectivity. Toa Payoh is famous for the number of wet markets, food centres and eating houses. Dwellers of Gem Residences Toa Payoh will be spoilt for choices such as Lorong 4 Toa Payoh Block 93 Market and Food Centre, Lorong 5 Toa Payoh Block 75 Food Centre, Lorong 8 Toa Payoh Block 210 Market And Food Centre, Toa Payoh Vista Market, Kim Keat Palm Market, Food Centre, Toa Payoh West Market, Food Court and Whampoa Makan Place Market.
Why Gem Residences?
- Educational Institutes – Gem Residences Toa Payoh Lorong 4 residents has plenty of good schools nearby to choose from. Pei Chun Public School, First Toa Payoh Primary School, Guangyang Primary School, CHIJ Primary School (Toa Payoh), Marymount Convent School, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian, St Gabriel’s Primary School,St Andrew’s Junior School, Catholic High School (Primary), Raffles Institution, First Toa Payoh Secondary School, CHIJ Secondary School (Toa Payoh), Raffles Junior College and St. Andrew’s Junior College. New Condo in Toa Payoh Lorong 4/ Lorong 6 is near to Global Indian International School, SJI International School, Australian International School and Curtin University of Technology are all within close proximity to Gem Residences Singapore.
- Excellent Connectivity – Residents of Gem Residences Evia is well served by major expressways such as the Central Expressway(CTE) that only takes 20 minutes to Shenton Way, Pan-Island Expressway(PIE) that takes only 18 minutes to Changi Airport, Kallang Paya Lebar Expressway(KPE) and the upcoming North-South Expressway(NSE) that will shorten the distance to Shenton way in a mere 14 minutes. For public transport commuters, it is a short 5 minutes stroll to the Braddell MRT station. Serving the North-South Line, it is only 4 stops away from the Orchard shopping belt, 6 stops away to Dhoby Ghaut Interchange with Plaza Singapura Shopping mall, 1 stop away to Bishan Interchange that serves the Circle Line too with Junction 8 mall and 6 stops away to the Central business district(CBD). We all know that getting anywhere from the city fringe is a breeze and therefore Gem Residences Braddell MRT Condo has a perfect locality!
- City Fringe living – Gem Residences is one of those extremely rare development in a matured estates such as Toa Payoh. Due to the limited land available, it is expected that demand will be high considering the excellent location and the many amenities in this town. High rentability is also expected due to the lack of condominium supply in Toa Payoh and the fact that it is in the Rest of Central Region. For the past 7 years and even till today, there is no Government Land Sales(GLS) in the estate of Gem Residences condo Toa Payoh. This only means that the supply in this estate is minimal and thus the future potential in capital appreciation will be exceptional.
- Rare investment opportunity – Gem Residences is indeed a rare investment property to come by. Toa Payoh is home to only 3 condominiums namely Oleander Towers, Trellis Towers, Trevista. While the rest are about 20 years in age during Gem Residences TOP date at year 2020, Trevista is the youngest at already a decade old. The current supply of condo units in this estate is only at a humble 1292 units. This is also the very reason for the rental market here to be so strong due to the weak supply. By year 2020, the total number of units will be come to a total of 1870 units, which is also way lesser than other estates such as Bishan with 8701 units, Ang Mo Kio with 8854 units, Bukit Merah with 8768 units, Queenstown with 8424 units and Geylang with a whopping 15,538 units.
Consdering the Gem Residences price to be at an average of $1400 psf, it is no doubt that this property is under-valued. This is in comparison with its new launches counterparts that can easily sell at $1500 to $2000 for a Rest of Central Region condominium that is within walking distance to a MRT station.
- Hotel-like lifestyle – Gem Residences offer residents with services like a hotel that truly represents the modern metropolitan living.
- Housekeeping services – In-house maid, house cleaning, dry cleaning and laundry services
- Car Sharing – In house car pool where rental charges are minimal and there’s no need to top up petrol!
- Complimentary Classes – In house instructor to conduct lessons such as Aqua Zumba, Baking lessons, Cooking lessons, Swimming and Dancing lessons!
- 24 Hour Concierge Services – Shopping, Travel deals, Local and International restaurant reservations, food delivery, grocery delivery, Party and Event management and other services!
Gem Condo Toa Payoh even offers the free medical consultation periodically which is considered one of its kind in our local condominiums. Imagine having the convenience of consulting a doctor within your condo?
- Affordability – Based on the unit mix, Gem Residences price may be starting from only $6xxK. Making it more affordable for most buyers today, especially with the recent cooling measures that affected many. There are only a handful of condominiums in Toa Payoh and with a quick search, it is evident that Gem Residences is priced reasonably:
- 99 Year Lease from July 2008
- 9 year old
- 3 bed $1.52 mil to $1.9 mil
- Buy from resale market
- Additional Renovation & fittings cost
- 590 units
- Bay windows (waste approx 15%)
- OLEANDOR TOWER
- 99 year from Mar 1995
- 22 year old
- Asking now at about $1.38 million
- 318 units
- TRELIS TOWER
- 384 units
- Not regular shape
- Asking now at about $1.55 to $1.95mil
- From resale market
- Comprehensive Facilities – Gem Residences has many exciting facilities to offer:
a) Bicycle Parking
b) Taxi Waiting Bay
c) Eleciric Car Charging Poinl
e) Poolside Patio
f) Clubhouse vvilh: Multi-purpose rooms, Gourmet kitchen, Steam rooms, Changing room
g) Central Pavilion
i) Swimming Pools: 50m Lap Pool, Pool Lounge, Jacuzzi, Kid’s Water Play, Kid‘s Pool,Salt water Jacuzzi
j) Landscape elements including: Entrance Motif Garden, Hanging Harden, Playmound, Feature Garden
k)Pool Pavilion (with Outdoor Cooking appliances)
l) Pool Trellis (with Outdoor Cooking appliances)
m) Garden Pavilion (with Outdoor Cooking appliances)
n) Garden Trellis (with Outdoor Cooking appliances)
o) Platform Walk
p) Pet facilities including: Pet Pool, Pet Run, Pet Shower
q) Fitness station
r) Kid’s Playground
s) Raintree Garden Walk
t) Side Gate
u) Multi Story Carpark(MSCP)
v) Tennis Court
w) Roof Gardens at MSCP including: Linear Garden, Colour Garden, Edible Garden, Spice Garden, Herb Garden
x) Link Bridges at Roof of MSCP
y) Car parking facilities such as: Car-shoring lot, Family lot, Car-washing bay
z) Teppanyaki Dining Pavilion With Outdoor cooking
aa) Moonstone Trellis (with Outdoor Cooking appliances)
bb) Observatory deck
cc)Sports Bar and Grill Pavilion (with Outdoor Cooking
dd)Sunstone Trellis (With Outdoor Cooking appliances)Dwellers of Gem Residences condo will be in for an enjoyable stay here!
- Amenities – Gem Residences is surrounded by some excellent eateries and amenities all within a couple of walking minutes. Right across Toa Payoh Lorong 4, there are a number of coffeeshops, hawker center and specialty shops under the HDB blocks 93, 94 and 95 to serve the immediate needs of residents. Further down along Toa Payoh Lorong 5 and Toa Payoh Lorong 6, there are 2 good sized food centers at block 75 and block 22. The latter also has an attached wet market that is hardly seen in newer estates these days.
Besides the other conveniences located in Lorong 1, Lorong 8 and Toa Payoh Central, Gem Residences condo is also near to many other shopping malls and places of interest due to its city fringe locality.
Some other amenities and facilities worthy of a mention will be the Toa Payoh Swimming Complex & Stadium where you can find Gym, Swimming pool and indoor sports hall. SAFRA Toa Payoh featuring Kids Amaze, Gym, restaurants and swimming pool and Toa Payoh Town Park where your family can take a stroll together.
- Renowned Developers – Gem Residences condo is jointly developed by 3 renowned international developer Evia Capital Partners PTE LTD, Maxdin PTE LTD and Gamuda Berhad. Evia Capital Partners is a private equity firm with a clients portfolio worth in excess of $150 million. Being a property fund manager as well, they have a portfolio of 2.3 million square feet of industrial and commercial space amounting to a whopping $1.5 billion dollars. They are poised to replicate their previous successes at Watercolors, Heron Bay and Lakelife for Gem Residences review to be a perfect one!Maxdin PTE LTD is a company wholly-owned by Greatearth. Greatearth is one of Singapore’s most established real estate firm with more than 100 years of engineering and construction experience with its predecessors. Their track records are non other than Marina Bay Sands, Orchard Gateway, National Library @ Bras Basah, Ngee Ann City, Raffles Town Club, Fusionpolis, National University of Singapore(NUS), Nanyang Technological University(NTU) etc. Prior to Gem Residences, they have a good handful of residential projects too including Ascentia Sky @ Redhill, Kovan Melody @ Kovan, Watercolours @ Pasir Ris and Waterwoods @ Punggol.Gamuda Berhad is one of the largest Malaysian infrastructure companies where construction projects that include Klang Valley MRT line, airport runways, expressways, railways, tunnels, water treatment plants, dams, infrastructure concessions and new townships developments.
- Branded Fittings and Appliances – Gem Residences is to be fitted with one of the best furnishings in the market. Kitchen appliances such as the washing machine, cooker hood and hob, refrigerator and the limited edition Victorian styled oven are from renowned Italian high-end appliances manufacturer, SMEG. As for sanitary wares such as overhead showers, bathroom and kitchen mixers are from well known German sanitary fittings manufacturer, Hansgrohe.
- Efficient Layout – From Gem Residences floor plan, we can clearly see the efficiency that maximizes all usable space in the unit:
- Wide frontage living and dining rooms along with balcony
- Common bedrooms able to fit queen-size beds and side tables
- Full height glass curtain wall for all bedrooms
- Corner galls curtain wall in master bedroom
- Master bedroom able to fit King-size bed and side table
- Enough space for a walk-in closet in master bedroom
- Ample vanity space in master bedroom toilet
- Long wall mirrors for all bathrooms
- Functional utility room
- Dedicated entry foyers
- Glass panel between kitchen and living room to allow flow of daylight
- Parallel arrangement of furniture
- New 3 bedroom layout for Gem Residences Condo. Updated February 2017!
Gem Residences Price
Gem Residences - Location
Gem Residences - Site Plan
Gem Residences - Price
- ID: 4857
- Published: April 3, 2019
- Last Update: March 31, 2020
- Views: 3737